Repositorio

The journey of the portal of Oñate after the demolition of the palace: Mayor street, Teatro Español, La Moncloa, Las andanzas de la portada de Oñate tras la demolición de la casa-palacio: calle Mayor, Teatro Español, La Moncloa

Muñoz Hernández, Jara, Villarreal Colunga, Carlos
This paper tells the story about the location changes ‒ real or imagined ‒ of the Baroque portal of the Count of Oñate and Villamediana Palace in Madrid’s Mayor street. The story goes through the origin of the portal, its abandonment after the demolition of the palace, the projects in which it is located and its reconstruction in Casa de Velázquez in La Moncloa. Despite resisting the bombings during the Civil War, it is eventually demolished and disappears, although there are still some remains in the gardens. This journey is made by means of relevant graphic information, such as the palace drawings (ca. 1845), the Teatro Español façade project (1917) and the graphic survey of the portal appearing in Revista Arquitectura (1927). The architectural drawing is used as an instrument for the confirmation of arguments, the search for answers and the location hypothesis of the portal remains., Este artículo cuenta la historia de los cambios de localización, reales o imaginados, de la portada del palacio del conde de Oñate y Villamediana de la calle Mayor de Madrid. La investigación aborda el origen de la portada, su abandono tras la demolición del palacio, los proyectos en los que se sitúa y la reconstrucción en la Casa de Velázquez en La Moncloa, donde, a pesar de resistir los bombardeos durante la guerra civil, se demuele y desaparece, quedando algunos restos en el jardín. Se hace este viaje a través de información gráfica relevante, como los dibujos del palacio (ca. 1845), el proyecto de fachada del Teatro Español (1917) y el levantamiento de la portada de la Revista Arquitectura (1927). Se emplea el Dibujo de Arquitectura como instrumento para la confirmación de argumentos, la búsqueda de respuestas y la hipótesis de localización de los restos en la portada.
Repository: Arqueología de la Arquitectura